Wednesday, September 23, 2015

About Christmas

While some of my UFOs are drying, I decided to put together a Christmas display using one of my few remaining Michael's hutches.  This display is not permanent, just a dry run.

So far, I really like it except for the angel on the glass tray.  It sticks over the edge a little bit so I might replace it.  Have to think about it for a while.

Then I got together all my perfume trays.  I have about 3 more that I haven't taken a pictures of yet. Most of these will go on a table display (which is still drying.)
The one on the left is one I made using a unique tray I received in a swap.  It;s supposed to be mens cologne display. The one on the right is also from a swap. I did fancy it up a little using these:

I found them at a dollar store (Dollar General, I think).  These are actually fingernail decals and come with an adhesive backing. They can be a little frustrating to work with because they stick to everything...including fingers and tweezers.  But it was worth the effort.  This strip was wide enough to cover the edge of the glass and added a little pizzazz.

Well, I don't mean to post and run but we're leaving for vacation in a day or so and I still have lots to do.  When I get back, I hope to have a tutorial on a different way to make french hook earrings and my way of making a beaded angel.

Take care!

Friday, September 4, 2015

I really wanted to post long before this but about 2 weeks ago, I had a nasty visitor...the toothache from Hell!  It laid me low for about 10 days even tho I was taking antibiotics and pain pills. Finally got the ok to have my tooth pulled and now I'm recovering... slowly.

During that time, I pulled out all my UFOs of which I have 12 (that I need for Katelyn's Crossing) and was able to finish up quite a few. First came the necklace displays that will going into the gift section of my Christmas shop. The first two are from gifts I received from two wonderful ladies from one of my Yahoo groups.  The displays are made out of left over craft foam (from when I made a bunch of flip-flops)  Easy to cut and inexpensive.

These two minis below are what I came up with and am happy at how well they turned out.

Here is the template I used with some changes.  I did elongate this to make it taller and cut off the side flaps. I used a piece of  folded 
cardboard to prop it up with. 

Just for the heck of it, some of you may find the guide below interesting.

While I had all my jewelry findings out, I made some candle sticks.

I really like the tarnished look and as an extra bonus, they don't tip over!

Finally, I painted some bead caps to look like fancy bowls.  The blue one looks like sterling silver with turquoise inlays.

Most of these minis went real fast.  I had already put all the beads and supplies I needed in individual boxes so it was just a matter of some cutting, assembly and maybe a little paint.  But the 
Christmas ornaments I'm making now will take a little longer.

Well, that's about all for now.  I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend!