Monday, July 13, 2015

Shadowboxes




I am pretty much over my fettish concerning shadowboxes- at least for now.  Back in March, I showed you a rather beat up shadowbox a friend of mine gave me and now I want to show you what I did with it.



                                                                   


As you can tell from the first picture, there was no backing and the color of the wall showed through.  I wanted to kick it up a notch so I got out all my paint chips, wallpaper samples and scrapbooking paper to see what I could come up with.  I am very happy with the results but figuring out what color should go where, can drive a person crazy

Here are some shadow boxes I completed a while back along with my printers box













So why so many shadowboxes?  Three years ago when we moved into a larger house, I wast lucky enough to have a spare room as my very own craft room.  When I unpacked a tote full of minis that I knew hadn't seen the "light of day" for a very long time, I thought it was a real shame I couldn't show them off somewhere.  So I made the 4 shadowboxes you see above (which barely made a dent in my collections). Then came the Halloween roombox (not shown), next was the printer's tray, and finally this last one.  This has freed up some much need shelf space which, of course, is full again.

Some of the things that are going in this shadowbox are "onesies"-minis that have no home, swaps that I may or may not use, duplicates of things I made, and many minis that I purchased some time ago for no particular reason.

The nicest thing though, is that I have plenty of wall space on which to hang them!

Till next time, enjoy the summer!

Diane


1 comment:

  1. los cajones de inprenta son una muy buena solucion para almacenar todo tipo de cositas pequeñas , sobre todo si dispones del sitio adecuado , disfrutalo

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete