Friday, September 4, 2015


I really wanted to post long before this but about 2 weeks ago, I had a nasty visitor...the toothache from Hell!  It laid me low for about 10 days even tho I was taking antibiotics and pain pills. Finally got the ok to have my tooth pulled and now I'm recovering... slowly.

During that time, I pulled out all my UFOs of which I have 12 (that I need for Katelyn's Crossing) and was able to finish up quite a few. First came the necklace displays that will going into the gift section of my Christmas shop. The first two are from gifts I received from two wonderful ladies from one of my Yahoo groups.  The displays are made out of left over craft foam (from when I made a bunch of flip-flops)  Easy to cut and inexpensive.



These two minis below are what I came up with and am happy at how well they turned out.


Here is the template I used with some changes.  I did elongate this to make it taller and cut off the side flaps. I used a piece of  folded 
cardboard to prop it up with. 
.


Just for the heck of it, some of you may find the guide below interesting.
                                        

While I had all my jewelry findings out, I made some candle sticks.

I really like the tarnished look and as an extra bonus, they don't tip over!

Finally, I painted some bead caps to look like fancy bowls.  The blue one looks like sterling silver with turquoise inlays.




Most of these minis went real fast.  I had already put all the beads and supplies I needed in individual boxes so it was just a matter of some cutting, assembly and maybe a little paint.  But the 
Christmas ornaments I'm making now will take a little longer.

Well, that's about all for now.  I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend!

Diane

11 comments:

  1. Your jewellery and displays are beautiful. I love the little bowls.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful jewelry. I also love the bowls and candle holders.
    Great work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drora, Thank you for such a nice comment. I really like them both too!

      Delete
  3. Nice post mom, love the little bowls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Maybe we can make a few more bowls next time we get together

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm very glad you like everything Isabel. They were all fun to make

      Delete
  5. Nice. Now your teeth problems are coming to an end. You can put all that trauma and frustration behind you from here on out. The most decisive way of handling problems is by simply eliminating their source. In this case, it's your aching tooth, so might as well pull it out completely. It can seem that tooth extraction is the best thing in the long run. Anyway, I hope you’re doing well.

    Isabel Phelps @ Buckhead Dentist

    ReplyDelete