Monday, November 21, 2011

Matty's Blue Seas Bistro II

Matty's Blue Seas Bistro was one of those project that just seem to come together almost on its own.  After staining the gazebo and putting it together, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  But best of all, I had most of the supplies I needed. I had paint, craft sticks, shells, clay, fimo and lots of landscaping material. This is a better picture of the Bistro but looks like I have a little repair to do on one of the chairs!


The only thing I wanted to make was a fisherman's net that is sometimes used as decor in many restaurants.
For that I need an "old fashioned" mesh bag that potatoes and onions used to come in at the grocery store (now most bags are plastic.)  I finally found one and after cutting out an 8 x8 inch piece, I spray painted it with primer and then painted it dark brown using regular acrylic craft paint.  Next, I painted a heavy gauge, cloth covered florist wire and bent it into an irregular shape.  After gluing it to the mesh, I trimmed away the excess and added the shells.  This is what I came up with:
But my favorite "creation" was the water fountain.  The base is white clay, scored like brickwork and then formed around an oval shaped paper mache box.  I used real coral to hold up the seahorse and fan coral as the background. 
All in all, I was very happy.
I'll be adding one more post about the Bistro, showing all the little acessories and how I made them.
I think you'll find it interesting.
Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diana,
    you where allready con in the yahoo group, before i could say godbye to you.
    So good reason to visit you here.
    Did a long look around and admire your mini's a lot! Great work.
    have a nice time and one day, who knows, we'll meet again.

    warm greetings, Mincka

    ReplyDelete