Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Holidays!

The holidays came up pretty fast but I can say that I am actually ready.  Tree is decorated, presents wrapped and cookies baked.  Now, time to relax and make more minis.  During the last 2 weeks, I have been putting together 4 shadow boxes of some of the things I have either made or received as swaps.  I will be keeping them up all year even though they are seasonal.  The first is my Christmas one and I had lots to put into it.
The second is Fall and Halloween.  Unfortunately, everything I had related to Thanksgiving just didn't fit so I'll be doing something different.  I'll get some pics up of the other 2 in my next post.


Have any of you done something similar?  Or, how do you show off your minis? 

I must have been fairly good this year because Santa came early.  My DH got me the Cheltenham front opening dollhouse from Greenleaf.  I have always wanted a front opening dollhouse so now I'am a very happy camper.  I will be following this blog http://moreminis.blogspot.com/2009/05/gloucester-day-1.html for the help I am sure I will need.
Although this blog is for the Gloucester, it is very similar to the Cheltenham (the difference being the Cheltenham has a double opening, left and right side with the latch in the middle.)  I think this will take me a while.

Well, that's all for now but before I go, I want to say:

To all our families, friends, followers and visitors, A very Merry Christmas!  And here's hoping the New Year is full of blessings and good fortune.

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment