First, the inside- This was the easiest part to do and turned out pretty much like I planned. I think it shows off most (but not all) of my Halloween minis along with some fall decor. I have plans for the remaining minis and will be working on that scenario next
The outside lid took the longest.
I experimented with the colors. I had 6 shades of gray (not 50 like the book, just 6) and after deciding on the main color, I used the others as accents. I practiced making the stormcloud freehand on scrape paper and when it was do-able, I was able to copy it to the lid. I did use some chalk pastels for blending. The lightening is embroidery floss, stiffened, shaped and glued on.
The witch is free clip art printed off my computer and decoupaged on.
The bats are plastic from a "Mardi Gras" type necklace we got last year at a party, They're a bit large but I consider them "mega-bats"
For the inside lid- same color gray as the outside and I added another moon. Two of the more unique
minis you see here are a wonderful door and a rock with a face- a talking rock Cool.
The ghosts are tissue paper and are opaque. You can kind of see thought them, which is what I wanted.
Now, not only have I taken my swaps and gifts out into daylight again, but I've made myself some extra room. All in all, I am very pleased. Hope you like it!
My next project is well underway and I hope to have it done in the next few days. So until next time, take care