Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Fairy Garden

Hello everyone! I hope all is well. Now that I'm back to minis after taking nearly a month off, all is well for me.

I was cleaning up my craft room a few days ago and came across a terrarium that I bought at a garage sale last fall. I decided it was about time to display all my fairy furniture that I have collected throughout the years.
The base is made out of wood and the acrylic panels are removable but the top is made out of a very heavy metal, almost like cast iron, It is painted a greenish color and highlighted in gold. 
        And these are the things I put in it.:

                                 

These next pictures aren't the best (we all know I'm not a very good photographer) but they will give you an idea on how things turned out.




I was very pleased with it and consider this project done.


And now, may I introduce you to Packie?  She is a mini Alpaca, my newest acquisition and only the second mini animal I have. She is about 3 1/2" tall, very close to scale and made out of alpaca fur.
When my sister came for Christmas this year, one of the places we visited was an  Alpaca Ranch.  They look like a small version of llamas but much cuter.  

This ranch is owned by a husband a wife team and they breed alpacas to sell and show.  We were allowed into the maternity ward that had 5 moms, 5 babies and 2 mothers-to be.                                                                                                                                                               

These alpacas didn't spit but would not allow themselves to be petted.  They have no natural defense against predators so whenever they see something ( like a friendly human hand) coming towards their head or neck, they jump away. But as you can see from the next photo, they like bright and shinny things like the zipper on my sister's purse and right in the mouth it goes.
                                   
Afterward we went into the gift shop and the woman gave me a demonstration on how she spun their hair into skeins and how she uses the fur for felting. All in all, a very fun trip.

So, what is everyone else working on?  Feel free to leave a comment and let us know what you're up to.  As for myself, I will be working on my nautical shop.  This will probably take a long time because I'll have to make just about everything I want to put in it.

So til next time, take care!

Diane

4 comments:

  1. Un uso muy original para un acuario.La verdad es que quedad fantástico. Muy bonita la alpaca. Me encanta su flequillo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment. I also love the bangs on the alpacas. Makes them look so cute.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the nice comment. I also love the bangs on the alpacas. Makes them look so cute.

      Delete
  2. The Fairy garden is beautiful and magic.

    ReplyDelete