Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Lighthouse

"The Lighthouse at Gavin's Bay" (named after one of my grandsons) was a dream to put together.  All the pieces were there, they all fit, and very little sanding was needed.  The only drawback was that it was very heavy.  I decided not to get the lightkeeper house but instead made the first two floors as the residence.  The top floor is the "base of operations".
The upper right hand picture shows the only thing I added to the light deck, a trap door.

  
This is the top floor, the operations center. The desk and chair are made from a punch out kit but I made the workbench.  For the pegboard, I used perforated paper.  I still have to add some maps, charts, a new ladder to the light deck and maybe a cozy rug or two.  
If there is something else you think I should add, please leave a comment and let me know.
I will be adding more picture soon, so please stop by.       

No comments:

Post a Comment