Sunday, May 6, 2012

Side Tables

Hello everyone!  I haven't given up on my blog but 4  months is a long time between postings and for that I do apologize.  Good fortune has come my way along with the new year so my minis have been very few.  First, I got a new job and altho it's full time now, it will be part time in June (which is what I really want.)  Then I was asked to teach several classes in paper quilling, my second favorite craft.  Preparing for classes has taken up most of my spare time but I did manage to do a few mini projects.

This first one uses 2 pizza box spacers as the base for a round table.  I'm not sure who came up with this idea but I have made several similar tables and they all turned out great.


In addition to the spacers, you will need fabric, Fray-Check, a 2" cardboard circle and a paint brush

First, I glued the two spacers together so the height of the table is about 3".  Then I cut a 2" diameter circle out of thin cardboard and covered it with  two 2 1/2" circles of fabric.  If I used only one circle of fabric, the color of the cardboard would show through.  But, before I glued the circles on, I painted the edges with Fray-Check to prevent un-raveling.


The fabric I used was a linen napkin that had a finished edge to it which also servered as a decorative hemline.  I then cut a 3 1/2" strip, gathered it with a basting stitch and glued it to the edge of the cardboard.

Lastly, I tied a decorative cord to hide the basting stitch.  This last picture shows a shorter table using only one spacer.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and if you have any questions please, send an email or leave a comment.

Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. A very nice table. Thanks for your tutorial.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Приятно с вами познакомится)))) стол, украшение и духи выглядят потрясающе)))

    ReplyDelete